Tuesday 18 October 2011

Format Matters

I noticed that the books I used during my CPL/IR training, did not have a reader-friendly format. The information provided was too detailed and cramped which often resulted in nothing but cadet pilots being confused as to what was being explained.

This must not be attributed as a negative characteristic to the book itself, but should be connected to people's ability to absorb information in different formats. Some prefer lists while others would actually want to read a bulk of text.

As a regular participant in various study groups through school, college and then at Multan Flying Club, I realized people's ability to absorb information through images and lists was much more efficient than through plain text, which in turn inspired me to write short articles in the form of lists such as Understanding an Aircraft Stall and How does an Aircraft Altimeter Work?

No comments:

Post a Comment