Saturday 22 September 2012

For, you were Iqbal and Rumi’s silent pride.


22.9.2012

You pierce the ageing heart of mine
Physically damaging it, is an on-going act of thine;
Whenever you raise your hand on your Muslim brother,
You shatter my world of Islamic perfection.

I write on paper, not machine
Like my predecessors, I hope to achieve,
A moment from your precious life
That which you willingly waste.

I see you, the smiling ones
The humored soul that takes me a joke.
Laugh while you may, at my lament!
Or read  on! And laugh again, you are only dust and smoke.

I have turned from side to side
Looking for answers, searching my mind.
I find no Iqbal penning his thoughts
Nor Rumi spinning in love.

Wait! Blur not my eye. You assembling tear.
I am to write words, and write them again.
While Iqbal may rest in his grave
Junaid yet burns within, and burns again.

What must I do? O silent guide?
Do poems move them or prose?
Is it the flute Rumi yearned for?
Or the words of a Qari reciting the Quran?

You must answer, Answer me now!
I seek to inspire not one, nor a thousand
Millions will answer my call, if I pen it right.
If I be the guide. If I be the guide!

But how can the unguided be the guide?
No more mysteries, no more talks in the dreams
I seek not omens, nor mysteries from the Quran!
I will not read, I will not see.

                                  Come whisper it in my ear
                                  Or silently take me away.
                                  The heart weakens day by day.

Why do you people scoff at me? For this?
Why do you people support me? For this?
You disgust me my reader.
For, what you seek, is but with the silent guide.

So come search with me!
Come let’s sit together
Come! Come! We will not talk!
But think and only think together.

And what do you know about the power of thought?
It moves the mountains and fills the sky!
It rises to the Lord Himself
Where His angels cry.

So come! And come again!
                Let us make them weep to oblivion.
Sit among us, my silent guide
                For, you were Iqbal and Rumi’s silent pride. 

No comments:

Post a Comment