Saturday 17 September 2011

An Episode of Randomness

Troubled again 
 
It's okay
 
Is it? 
 
Yes
 
You don’t sound so convincing
 
I am
 
You're scared aren’t you? Be at peace
 
How?
 
Don't you know?
 
Yes I do 
 
Then do what you have to
 
I am chained
 
To what? 
 
This fUcking life
 
How?
 
Freedom of will, Independence
 
You have that. Don't lie. 
 
I'm NOT LYINGGGG!!!
 
Calm down
 
No. I want what I want.
 
What exactly do you want?
 
I don’t know   
 
Money?
 
No
 
What is your problem then?
 
You
 
Me? 
 
You just won't shut up
 
I'm here to help you
 
I don’t give a fuck, I don’t need help
 
Yes you do and you know it
 
Are you going to talk? Or just sit there and stare out the window? 
 
Fuck off
 
I'll see you tomorrow then? Will you not wish me goodbye? You'll have to talk someday you know.  
LISTEN TO ME! SAY SOMETHING!
 
Waits for him to respond, glaring with those hazel eyes… She walks out the room… slamming the door shut behind her, hammering her high heels against the floor. He catches a glimpse of her fiery curls as the door bangs shut. Puts his chin to his chest, closes his eyes. 
 
There's a knock on the door followed by the creaking of wood against nails layered with rust, as the door opens.
  
If you go on like this she'll stop coming!
 
I know
 
Listen, we all are trying to help you here, okay son? 
 
Leave me alone
 
Simon walks across the room to his chair and sits by his feet on the floor. What are you looking at?
 
A storm's coming
 
Is it getting dark out there? 
 
Simon sits up on his knees and stretches his neck to look outside… his grey hair; pale in the dimly lit room. He sits back and stares at him. I see nothing out there. 
There's nothing out there. Oh so you're a prophet now? 
 
Simon smirks at him eager to ease the tension. His pale-yellow teeth darkened by the dimly-lit room, highlighted by the blackened lips from excessive smoking. 
 
No
 
Then how?
 
There always is
 
You think you're so smart? You think you have it all figured out? 
 
Cross and impatient he stands up and walks to the window. The limp in his left leg, making a loud thump on the wooden floor. 
 
You outta go out for a while. Try to have some fun, boy. 
 
How can i
 
You could try?
 
Don’t want to
 
Don’t be stubborn now
 
I want you to leave
 
Would you at least walk on to the porch with me?
 
Leave Simon
 
Okay, okay sire. No need to be snappy now.
 
The door closes behind him softly. A smooth and silent draft of fresh air streams through his untidy, shoulder-length hair. The very air weighs down on him. He closes his eyes again. "I must not falter, I must not fail", he thinks to himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment